- Essential oils such as lavender or Helichrysum can be applied in small amounts to the skin to soothe sunburn.
- Use lotions that contain aloe Vera to soothe and moisturise the skin. Some aloe products contain Lidocaine an aesthetic that can help relieve sunburn pain.
- Aloe Vera is also a good moisturiser for peeling skin.
- Apply freshly brewed tea after it has cooled to sunburned skin using a clean cloth. The tannic acid in black tea reportedly helps draw heat from sunburned skin and aids in restoring the pH balance. Add mint to the tea for a more cooling effect.
- Apply teabags soaked in cold water to sunburned eyelids to soothe the burn and reduce inflammation.
- Witch Hazel when applied to the skin can help reduce inflammation and can help relieve sunburn.
- Apply petroleum jelly or Aquaphor ointment on sunburned lips to keep them moisturized.
Natural Products to Relieve Sunburn
Posted by Lesley Carpenter on